Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dumpus Rumpus

Its been a hella-whacky year. Ive officially been in Dallas a year now, and I was contemplating all the crap that has happened in the last year. To make a short list:
  • My sister went from lonely to married in 4.3 months
  • my brother returned from California (good, those liberals are kinda testy)
  • My great aunt died, much to my distress, because I loved our chats more than anything
  • My dad's business partner FINALLY got outta Dodge, and was replaced by another that isnt really any better...but at least the Clinic is doing better
  • my family's perception of other Christian denominations has changed dramatically. Nothing like an inter-denominational marriage to stir up the evangelical pot!
  • Brando, my good friend, moved to Dallas
  • Ive had 6 jobs, been a night owl, a midday owl, an insomniac owl, and a near-dead owl
  • I found a box of 9mm when I was moving my sister! Can I say HOW MUCH I LOVE MY GUNS?!.........ahem, back on topic.
  • I destroyed every last remnant of my residency of New Mexico. No license plates, no licesnse, no friends there. They all moved away.
  • Ive worked with Japanese, Iraqi, Indian, African, Singaporean, and every other race under the sun. My perceptions have shifted like a tectonic plate with a hemhorroid problem.

Honestly, I cant believe all the crap that has happened in the last year. Words dont really describe how these events have affected our lives. I find, however, that all of it has culminated into a good thing. Mysterious Ways, indeedy.

1 Comments:

Blogger rambouillet said...

Yeah... I was thinking about that the other day. ALOT has happened this year. Mom says is the best it's been in a while and I whole heartedly agree.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home