Sunday, September 23, 2007

Man vs. Wild, Weenie vs. My Patience

I dont know if youve seen it, but Discovery had a show running called "Man vs. Wild", wherein an utterly insane former Special Air Service (I think) member goes to remote locations and shows the viewer how to survive with the shirt on his back. They put the show on hiatus because of allegations he wasnt really doing any of it; instead, they replaced his show with a whiny guy with no special talent who "survives" for a week in "dangerous" locations, like Wal-Mart, or your neighbor's backyard. Its pathetic. The new show is called Survivorman, and I swear on all my roommate's earthly posessions, the guy is a total weenier.

It makes me sad. If you ever get the chance, you should watch Man vs. Wild--he goes around eating live frogs and similar oddities to survive. You know what you call that? Great television.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

show me a show where a man has to survive in a village full of vegetarians and I'll show you a show that can only be called... uh... well... you know... weenieville.

never saw either show but the first one sounds fun!

12:23 PM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Seriously, Mark, Man vs. Wild is absurd in its masculinity. He literally jumps out of a plane into unsurvivable conditions like the Utah desert and scrapes his way through by eating bird eggs, or tree bark, or drinking his own urine...

its awesome!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home