Monday, April 09, 2007

Kick in the teeth

Funny how life works, eh?

My mom informed me last week that a friend of mine from high school had come forward asking for prayer at church because of alcohol abuse. No suprise to me; I knew he was a guy who was very, very prone to drink; he entered into rehab and gave me a call this last Thursday. Turns out that its not just alcohol that he has trouble with, but shooting cocaine. For four years. Since I first met him. needless to say, I was a little disturbed by this. My mom also pointed out that at this point (or ever, as his dad put it) that Im his only friend on the planet.

I dont really have any comment on this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

Just be his friend. Right now, he needs one more than at any other time in his life.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

You are most likely the biggest influence in his life. Go easy.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home