Tuesday, April 04, 2006

V for Vendetta


I just went and watched V for Vendetta (I mean just; I barely got home 10 minutes ago) and I have to say that is one of the best FREAKIN MOVIES Ive ever seen in my life. It may be a bit heady, and Im still trying to digest half the crap in it, but its a marvelous movie and typing about it doesnt give my emotional response due justice. I went and watched it because I remember a quote from the preview: "People shouldnt fear their governments, governments should fear their people." Aboslutely true in every respect.

Anyway, this movie made me think really hard about things, which movies nowadays rarely do, and I really cant describe it. Its best to say its like a 1984 where the good guys win in the end. Hooray! Ive been wanting that since 8th grade when I read 1984.

Its marvelous. Absolutely marvelous. It blew me away the same way the Matrix did the first time I saw it, but for different reasons; the Matrix was impressive with cameras and action, but Vendetta was impressive ideologically. I looooooved it.

1 Comments:

Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

I tell you, it was MARVELOUS! I want to go watch in Imax now, but the problem is thats its 2 1/2 hours long and my bladder doesnt usually love me for that long.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home