Monday, May 15, 2006

Driving a truck...

This weekend Brando and I made the 1200 mile round trip to Artesia, NM (where our parents live) to pick up furniture for the new apartment. Now, we have all the junk we really dont need sitting around and no place to put it. Ah, just like home! It was great talking with my family and spending a little time chewing the fat, but we were only in town 32 hours before we had to leave and a good chunk of it was done sorting through storage looking for places to sit.

Oddly enough, we were driving back to Dallas and passed my friend Rob who was also moving on the same highway on the same day. It was really, really strange. We had supper in Big Spring and caught up a little bit before hitting the road again. When we got back here it was 11:20 and we unloaded everything within 27 minutes (I timed it). I managed to drop the trailer off at U-Haul before getting back to the apartment to discover some dillweed had parked in my spot. Obviously the poor schmuck is spatially disoriented, so I let it slide, and I really hope it doesnt happen again so I can avoid raising a stink. I parked across the lot in the only open spot, which was open because its now illegal parking, only to be awakened at 10 by the garbage truck honking--alot--for me to move my truck so he could get the trash. What are the odds? I thought they picked it up on Tuesdays. Ah well.

So now we have three couches and only room for two and we're both still sitting on the floor because we didnt bring our computer desks. Its kinda funny though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

haha put a tow truck on speed dial. Someone will ALWAYS be parking in your spot. People are too lazy to park further away and actually walk!

It sounds like fun in your new apartment. :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

We don't have assigned spaces at my apt, which I actually like. There's plenty of parking and the farthest I have to park is usually just around the corner anyway. But what is annoying is when they post a notice on my door saying that they are going to "sweep" the lot (or in winter they snow plow) and that all cars have to be removed by 8am on a certain day that I don't have to even be up until 9am. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do, but would it really kill them to wait a couple of hours?

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home