Monday, July 17, 2006

a post for Demo


Blizzard is never going to make a Starcraft 2. They announced this about two years ago, I think a little before they produced Starcraft: Ghost, a stab in the back to the hardcore, original PC fans by selling out to the console meatheads. An MMO is a massively multiplayer online game, meaning that if indeed they do crapify Starcraft and make it MMO (which they would, since Blizzard is now controlled by greedy jerks now who dont remember the good ol' days of Diablo II and Warcraft I, the Starcraft game would turn into a huge orgy of 41 year old men pretending to be 18 year old girls and whiny kids hacking and stabbing you in the back.

A side note to anyone who is interested: massive online games are the worst idea ever. Im serious when I said that comment about the old men pretending to be women. I guess people figure that since its online and no one knows you, you can be a disgusting pervert and run around having cybersex in public chatrooms and over the public channels. its gross and I hate what it has done to computer games. Good thing Ive given them up.

Another side note: I look fondly on the time I spent playing games when I was younger, but that was a time BEFORE you had utter crap like Everquest (the first really huge online game; people call it Evercrack because there have been suicides from online rejection--no joke). Back then games had to have in depth plotlines to compensate for shoddy graphics. Those are the games till worth playing in spare minutes when Im utterly bored.

And while Im still on the subject of games nowadays, note in the picture the obnoxiously, overly perfect elf-lady-object. Its gotten worse since Everquest came out--game women now are SO disgustingly disproportionate that it is NO WONDER that guys like my ex-brother in law cant snap themselves back into reality and realize how utterly stupid the entire idea is. Now Im done. But I dont want to be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

In that case I am on your side. Death to Blizzard! How can they not make Starcraft II?! They left the plot haning after Brood War! Are we never to learn how Kerrigan is to be defeated? What the crap?!

7:57 AM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Yes, I know. My brother and I were throwing things when we found out. Blizzard was one of the few companies that had earned my outstanding loyalty because every game they made was high quality and worth buying...but no longer.

And Interplay is gone too....pity 'tis, 'tis true.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

video games, right?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home