Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Everyone should attend a gun show at least once. Not simply because I think an understanding of our Second Amendment rights is vital to understanding the rest of the Bill of Rights, but because the people that attend them have gobs of character. This past Sunday, Brando and I took Ram and Mark to one just for kicks. They've been looking into getting concealed carry permits, so it was partly to test the waters of current pistols.

Its really sad that I had to stop and explain to my sister why there was a seller with Nazi flags up on the wall. We went to an irregular show Ive never gone to before, but there are always "historic collectors" hawking wares that are borderline fascist--dont get me wrong, I appreciate the old Luger P08 more than the average joe, but seriously, when you start putting on "periodic uniforms" and running around like a Nazi, youre just being a fruitcake.

That aside, it was a nice show. A few rare and random collectables, and I think Mark and my sister have a better grasp on the current arms market. Good stuff, I tell ye.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I like standing at the counter with all of the WWII rifles. Garands are my favorite and I wish I still had mine. Sigh.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home