Friday, May 19, 2006

Chanel #5? I like Hoppes #9 better

I chose today to fully consecrate my apartment by cleaning my guns and sharpening my knives while sitting on the floor watching Firefly episodes. As a side note, FIREFLY IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!! I hate TV and Firefly rocks my face off! I downloaded the whole season (it only ran for one because nutbags only like American Idol and other shows they can bob their heads and drag their knuckles in chorus to) and its freaking amazing. I love it to pieces. Anyway, I was cleaning my rifle and trying to figure out a way to get this broken shell out of the irremovable barrel when it occured to me--I love my parents to death for raising me to be independent.

There are two people at work my age: both have parents that call them at work to check up on them daily, send them money, coddle them like babies, etc. I speak with my parents maybe once a week, and usually the conversations are insightful and a good chat, but everyday? Youre 25! Grow up! I remember my first semester (only semester, consequently) at Oklahoma Christian University, sitting in my oral speech class in a small group discussing how our parents saw us off to college. Many of their parents accompanied them and cried, then promised all this junk (write, money, new car, prophylactics, the world) before leaving. Me? My parents went on a cruise. No joke. I thought it was funny, they thought it wasnt. So sue me. Maybe thats why we didnt get along so well (the school and I, not my parents).

So, heres to my parents for excellent parenting (not too soon after Mothers Day) and Joss Whedon for writing Firefly. Have a good Friday, people!

1 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

This post hit close with me. Yeah I definitely moved MYSELF into the dorm without any help from the partental units. No big deal to me, I was a big boy. But it was rather amusing to watch the hordes of insecurity that were moving in around me. Not all of them though. There are those like us out there beef... Once I found out who there were, then we were able to sit back and make fun of the rest and had a good time with it.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home