Saturday, November 10, 2007

Irony strikes again!

Yesterday was a momentous day--I got my motorcycle out of the shop! After a month of pained waiting! Im housesitting my sister's dogs while her and her husband are in Vegas for a wedding (.....). I dash home from work, take the dogs out for a quick walk before firing the bike up for her maiden voyage, and BAM!

Charlie, the biggest dog on the planet, decides to take off at a demon pace while Im standing on a steep grade, in crappy shoes with no ankle support. Im sure the informed reader can see where this is going...

Fast forward three seconds, to me a the bottom of the hill with a sprained ankle. Not a little sprain, mind you, a "tore all the ligaments in your ankle" sprain that will take a month to fully heal. To make matters worse, its on my left foot, vis a vis my SHIFTING FOOT! O, fortune!

Sigh...on a lighter note, I might find a woman who developes a terrible case of Stockholm's Syndrome with me. Huzzah! I'll post a picture of the bike to satiate my need for cruising.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

what a fickle fate befalls the lovers of motorcycles.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home