Sunday, June 15, 2008

Observing the Ebb and Flow of Mankind

...because there is nothing else to do right now. Im waiting on my job at Brinks to finish my background check, and in the meantime, Ive been working on my motorcycle, exercising, not exercising, sitting on my butt, watching lame shows on TV, sitting on my butt some more....I dub myself Lethargy.

On the other hand, after 2 strenuous years of internal strife and upset at the morbid hands of corporate America, its nice to do nothing. I actually dont want to work (surprise, I know thats unique) but the majority of my thinking mind is losing it doing nothing.

The worst part of doing nothing all day is the creeping sensation of mental decrepancy. I cant even conjure any good thoughts up. Idle mind is the Devil's playground--definitely a true and pertinent statement.

I guess I'll go to bed now...its 4 in the morning. Harumph. Nothing else to do....as a side note, Im quite used to the second shift lifestyle--get up at noon, stay up till everyone else is useless getting up then crash. I rather like it--in Dallas I could avoid most people and the complications (or benefits, depending on your outlook) but here in Lubbock that really doesnt fly. My new job starts at 5 in the morning, so Im sure for a couple of months Ill look like Bela Lugosi after a few Ed Wood movies. Burn, Ed Wood! Too bad you're already dead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home