Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Most of our pocket wisdom is conceived for the use of mediocre people, to discourage them from ambitious attempts, and generally console them in their mediocrity. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Im writing this post from work, where Im sitting...doing nothing...as is SOP. I cant stand my job. Ive been wrestling constantly with what I want to do with my life, but nothing appeals. I dont want a good paying job, I dont want a manual labor job, I dont want to be someone's lackey till I rot in the grave. I think Im a closet self-deprecating perfectionist who has never acknowledged that I am such (to myself). That being said, I want to announce to the world what I should be "when I grow up":

I should be in charge. Not in charge of a grocery store, or some company peddling useless wares to bored people with no aspirations. I want to be in charge of something significant.

Big talk, right? Im not done soapboxing yet.

My generation--Im generalize and consider "my generation" anyone from the ages of 0-25, has no motivation. In short, we are a generation of vegetables. If history is a good indicator (which it always is) my generation will run this country into the ground. There is too much to be said about the complete and utter lack of skill or competence, so Ill sum it all up in one sentence: If tomorrow, the world awoke and every American from 0-25 was gone, no one would notice a damn difference. Sure, MTV would go under and that Girls Gone Wild jackoff would have to go sell baubles to gypsies, but there would be no long term impact.

Me for President in 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Being in charge isn't always a cool ride... it comes with working with folks who don't share the same vision as you do, no, who don't even have a vision, or working with folks who think they could do a better job than you without having a clue to what the job entails, the headaches, or the amount of time it takes to do it properly. You have leadership qualities but remember the price of leadership is the frustration of working with people who generally don't care.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home