Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ive got Buck Fever so bad I could scream

I was watching this reality show on the outdoor network with Ted Nugent and he was gutting a whitetail he shot. Oh Lord, I want to go deer hunting so bad I can taste it. I feel like Ive been gypped out of my chance to kill a deer--every year, theyre out of range, or my rifle is underpowered, or someone (AAAAAAAAAAAAARG) shoots before I get the chance to get into position...and now Im in Texas, I have nowhere to go. Its shameful. It makes me feel worthless. I suppose I put too much emphasis on hunting (wait, no I dont! screw you PETA nuts! Arise, kill and eat!) but there really is nothing more I enjoy in life than tracking an animal, the growing anticipation, then only time with a rifle, the primal urge to eat your prey's heart (just kidding...sort of).

Sigh...Ill just...keep on...working.

More to come, Ive just been swamped lately.

4 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

Clearly. I have never felt the surge of my primal hunting instincts, which is actually kind of sad since I live in one of THE best hunting states in the nation and even here in the cities, deer frequently walk right past my back door.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Page Turner said...

You should come hunt in Western Canada. Our deer are larger and more plentiful. I've even shot a couple!

7:15 AM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Believe me, man, if I could hunt in Canada I would. In fact, I would hunt anywhere if I could. I looove me some huntin'.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

man, i've got the fever too. had a chance to go dove hunt but the rain yesterday and the fact i was under the weather sort of played havoc with the idea.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home