Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A thought struck me while sitting in church on Sunday night: There is no reason for me to feel out of place in the church. Ive been in the church since I was born, and yet I always feel like an interloper. The more I think about it, the madder I get. I keep thinking: when did I start feeling on the fringe? High school.

(dont worry, these two sort of tie together)

So now, the guys at work are trying their hardest to talk me into joining the club of the Eat, Drink and Be Merry crowd. I find it strikingly ironic that there is more acceptance with the drunks than there is in the church.

Sorry, Im mad and rambling. I dont even know what Im trying to say.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Whoops. I absolutely hate it when I phrase something wrong in the internet world that conveys the exact opposite of what I was trying to say! My original post was deleted and I am starting over....

What I meant to say was...

After 10 years of working in bars, I've found that others are more accepting of people when they're drinking and in an entertaining environment. I'm not saying it's right or better, just that it is.

Have you thought about joining a different church? I know it's easiest to remain with what's most comfortable yet, at the same time, you might find a better sense of inner peace and acceptance in a new environment.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

Goodness knows Dallas certainly has plenty to choose from.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

yuppers, I agree with alisa.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home