Monday, October 02, 2006

More updates

Ive got alot more to say, I just havent gotten around to it. The gun show was last weekend, along with my parents being in town, so it was a real hoot. We started it all off by heading to Texas Stadium to watch a high school football game between Abilene High and Tyler Lee. Unfortunately, Abilene lost, and the East unfairly beat the West.

The next day, after I had done 7 hours of grueling Biology (three hours straight lecture, 3 hours lab, plus little breaks in between--its hard because the desks are too small, right-handed, and its at eight in the morning...) Brandon and I headed to the gun show to peruse some fine firearms. After much perusing, I decided on an Enfield revolver in .38 S&W that I got for $150, which is an outright steal. Its the smaller caliber brother of the Webley revolver that was produced during WW2--Ill post a picture sometime. Brandon picked up a nice Colt 1903 pocket pistol in .32 ACP, which has stupid grips but overall very good condition. Hooray! After that we all headed to an immensely overcrowded Texas Roadhouse for two hours of conversation consisting in "huh?"s and "one more time, I couldnt hear you"s.

My cousins wedding shower was Sunday after church, and let me tell you, I discovered that WEDDING SHOWERS ARENT FOR MEN. Ive never been, and the next one I go to will be mine, and I swear, I hope I never see one till then, or after. Horrendous things, wedding showers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

congrats on the purchases! glad you got to see your family. good to see you posting again.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

Yay for more posting! Sorry I don't have anything more intelligent to say, but I figured I should say something to let you know I'm still reading.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home