Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ah, the refreshing feeling of 101 degrees in April! Im so terribly glad that this summer is going to bust the 130 mark...

Anywho, just figured Id post an update of my goings-on. The next two weeks (maybe three, the Peeps say) are the end of the quarter at UPS, so we have mandatory 7 day weeks. Last night I worked 12 hours without a break, but since I dont have to stand that much, it wasnt so bad. And besides, I brought my radio and headphones so I was listening to the book of Acts while I was working. Good stuff, I declare. The only problem is that the girl I mentioned quitting in a previous post decided to leave at a horrendous time. Now, I have to train a temp to replace me while I take over her job Im only mediocre at (right now). Itd be fine if they could get me a temp who could work quickly, cause the one we had yesterday was flat-out terrible. Nothing I could say could inspire her to work faster. I suppose "motivational slapping" is out of the question.

Last weekend, Brando and I went and sorted through all this apartment bunk, so we move into our new abode on May 1st, depending on how long this 7 day work week thing lasts. Hooray!

2 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

Man you are really on the up and up with things! Congrats! Sorry to hear you're stressed, but admit it - it's an okay kind of stress right?

2:18 PM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Demo, you are absolutely right. Im stressed, but its the best stress Ive had in ages. Thanks!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home