Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spread the Fat-Free Goodness

Art, my co-worker at, well, work, let me use his IPod Shuffle tonight because he was saddened that I didnt have a CD player at my desk yet. I was cruising through his tunes and found this really great song by Don McLean. I wasnt even aware that Don McLean did any other song of mention besides American Pie! Regardless, the song is stupendous and the lyrics are stupendous-er.

Castles in the Air, Don McLean

And if she asks you why, you can tell her that I told you
That I’m tired of castles in the air
I’ve got a dream I want the world to share
And castle walls just lead me to despair

Hills of forest green where the mountains touch the sky,
A dream come true, I’ll live there till I die
I’m asking you to say my last goodbye
The love we knew ain’t worth another try

Save me from all the trouble and the pain
I know I’m weak, but I can’t face that girl again
Tell her the reasons why I can’t remain,
Perhaps she’ll understand if you tell it to her plain

But how can words express the feel of sunlight in the morning,
In the hills, away from city strife
I need a country woman for my wife;
I’m city born, but I love the country life

For I cannot be part of the cocktail generation:
Partners waltz, devoid of all romance
The music plays and everyone must dance
I’m bowing out, I need a second chance

Save me from all the trouble and the pain
I know I’m weak, but I can’t face that girl again
Tell her the reasons why I can’t remain,
Perhaps she’ll understand if you tell it to her plain

And if she asks you why, you can tell her that I told you
That I’m tired of castles in the air
I’ve got a dream I want the world to share
And castle walls just lead me to despair

Isnt that great? its a bzillion times better (Im guesstimating, it may be closer to half a bzillion) with the music. I highly suggest everyone of astounding taste (such as myself) to dash out and find a recording of this song. Download it, maybe; I dont think youll find it easily in a record store.

3 Comments:

Blogger frustratedwriter said...

DM is one of my favorite songwriters/singers and yes, he had numerous hits including Vincent (starry starry night), Crying, etc. Love his stuff and this song is one of my all time favorites. thanks for reminding me of it!

8:36 AM  
Blogger rambouillet said...

That sounds like a flippin sweet song! Have to download later (or listen to YOUR download!)

12:47 PM  
Blogger KillJoy said...

YAY for BEEF!
NEW BLOG AT KILLJOY'S!
Sounds like a tight jam!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home