Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oxpho-Blue: Breakfast of Champions

The restoration of my K-31 is coming along nicely. Ive almost got the main body of the stock sanded down to staining quality--There were alot--like several dozen--nicks, dings, scratches, bruises, and other flaws on the stock before sanded the top layer off. I wish I had a digital camera so I could take pictures so it would be easier to understand what I mean. I think Ill have it finished tomorrow and stained by the time I go to work. Im going to order some Oxpho-Blue from Brownells (a gunsmithing supply site) so I can touch up some of the dulled metal parts with blue to make it look spiffier. Soon, it will be a magnificent sight to behold! Ill post a final picture. Remember: this is all amateur and my first time to try this sort of thing, so it wont look utterly fantastic, but itll still spiffy.

I also did a little research: my rifle was manufactured in 1943, and mightve seen combat. Hooray!

Sorry I dont have anything else to blog about, but Im afraid if I get started about politics or religion or work Ill just slip into a tirade and sound like a nitwit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home