Wednesday, June 07, 2006


I got this idea from Demosthenes who in turn got it from someone else. Ill give it a shot. Its a description of what I was doing 10 years ago and what Ill be doing in 10 years. Here I go.

10 years ago, I was a kickin' 10 year old. I remember my mom was stilling working Dallas and we lived in Bryan, so she had to commute and it was turning into a really miserable summer. It wouldnt have been so bad, but I started having this really terrible nightmares where I would narrate (i.e. scream bloody murder) and walk around the house and not remember anything. It was terrible for everyone. I remember also that we were travelling and we checked out the Martian Chroncicles by Ray Bradbury on audiobook and listening to it thinking, my God, this is the best book Ive ever heard of. Delightful story, aint it? At least the nightmares stopped. Really, there is nothing worse than sleeping really hard (I still do, like a rock) and waking up the next morning to have everyone tell you that you were really standing at the foot of your parents bed screaming about some guy on Mars chasing you and you busting your faceplate open on a rock. I still remember that one...

10 years from now, I hope Im married, living happily with a billion dollars. Okay, half a billion will do. Im not picky. I intend to go back to school to major in something, then graduate and go on to work at something that relates to my something degree. After that, Ill make an amount of money proportionate to the something Im doing. Thats the best I can do right now.

Everyone else should blog about this too, or I wont like you anymore. NYAH!

3 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

Interesting future. You clearly have spent some time working that out. :)

And Ray Bradbury rocks my face off. Give me some Bradbury and some Asimov on a desert Island and I think I will have all I need.

9:59 AM  
Blogger rambouillet said...

That is a kickin' pic. I knew what it was before I read your post! BWAAA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

will have to do this post sometime soon. need to work on the Tuesday Tidbits first. bradbury was the best!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home