Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This UPS job has done wonders for my self esteem. This is the first time in a long time that anyone has appreciated any of my skills. I can cut a shipment TWICE as fast as anyone at that facility, past or present. No lie. I tied the record for the number of shipments cut in one day in 8 hours as opposed to 13 (thats how long it took the last guy to set it.. BIIIIIYYAAAAAM!). I told my mom that jokingly, then said something along the lines of "I must be a super genius" and she said something along the lines of "well, we always kind of knew that." I had forgotten.

I remember a time when I wasnt beaten down my fool peoples' ideas that I am not any good. I remember when I thought I could do anything I set my mind to, and I would make my mark on history. Well now, I am whole again! It occured to me, I can do anything-anything-I set my mind to. I guess I just forgot. Im as smart or smarter than the guys who are controlling the court of quantum mechanics. I should join the field and kick the crap out of them. Or chemistry. Or biophysics. Or something really super technical that will make me happy for the rest of my life simply because it taxes my brain and I love to have my mind challenged. I considered doing something like police work or some other low level job ( I say low level; I really do respect cops. I still want to be one deep in my gut and adminster blind justice to preying scum) but now I realize that would be an utter waste of talent. I...

will do something marvelous. History WILL sing of my greatness. Hopefully it will be singing and not spitting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

It's always good to have ambition.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home