Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Take your Seat Belt and cram it!

I have a major beef with seat belt laws. A MAJOR beef. I had 5 tickets in high school when they started this "wear your seat belt" crackdown crap. 4 times it was the same cop. It was annoying to say the least. Im sure it sounds like a mighty useful law, but I suppose Im the only one who has looked beyond their "caring for the littleman" facade and seen that this is yet another step into my personal rights. If I dont want to wear a seat belt, the government should have absolutely no say in it. None. Its my car, my body, my seat belt, my personal space. Ive gotten plenty of the "but what if you die" lines from my family, and I say:

TOUGH LUCK! Itll be my fault, wont it? Tough luck for ME cause its my body that the incrementalist moochers in Congress have no right to legislate! It sounds like a tagline, but it boils down to control. Its the same with helmet laws. Just another step towards absolute control. HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! This is not a small deal! Can I shout it loud enough?! FROG IN BOILING WATER! Its called....
INCREMENTALISM! CAN I GET A SCROLLING MARQUIS HERE?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

Believe it or not I found your blog serching for M1 Garand people. Then in a round about way I saw this post about seat belts and couldnt not post comment on it. I hate the law also ( see my post on the same subject about a month ago.

http://rainmangotskills.blogspot.com/2006/05/click-it-or-ticket.html

Anyway cool blog. Just thought I would give my 2 cents. FYI: I just picked up a WWII 1943 M1 Garand last night. Cant wait to shoot the thing.

10:02 AM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

It seriously gets under my skin almost as much as Ted Kennedy. ALMOST.


Sweet! Im going to get a CMP Garand once I get the cash and the qualification. Until then I must dream...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

i had a garand. sweet rifle. i miss it.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home