Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Bell Tolls for Thee*

I spent today at my sister's apartment on the far side of the metroplex, wasting away the Fourth without fireworks. Today has really reminded me of several things:
  1. The Fourth stinks in town. No fireworks...bah! Im a country boy! Pass the explosives!
  2. There are two types of people: hippies, and those who arent hippies.

Now about the hippies: Im not sure who any of the people at my sister's apartment were (I knew 2, I think...) but theyre all hippies. I know its a stereotype, but Ive spent all day trying not to stereotype and defending them to Brando when I dont even know who they are in the first place. At first glance...and second glance...and several long stares...I have determined that the "ladies", or girls, were meatheads of the highest degree. I mean honestly! Acoustic guitar has killed western civilization in the hands of schmoozy white guys who think they can pass themselves off as musicians! BEING a musician, I have to say that POWER CHORDS ARENT MUSICAL UNLESS SUPPORTED BY MELODY! AAAAAAAARGH! I know this doesnt make sense. But theyre all hippies. Tis a good thing I have resigned myself to being me and not caring.

I just dont understand them thar hippies. At one point, one of them called his friends up and invited them over to the apartment. Pardon. Its not your apartment. I dont know how well Mark knew him, but I mean COME ON! How audacious do you have to be to invite friends to someone else's house without asking first? Gimme a freakin break. My butthead-o-sensor is going off constantly now-a-days.

PS--Ashley needs an enema. Worthless git. I say that with full, unadulterated confidence.

*a song by Rush. I dont know if thats the name or not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Demosthenes said...

Haha have you seen that soft drink commercial with the high tech scarecrow that laser blasts not only birds, but also gophers and hippies? Too rich.

Now be a good boy and pass the LSD.

8:17 AM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

HAHA! Thats the best commercial ever! I almost busted a gut laughing the first time I saw it!

11:16 AM  
Blogger rambouillet said...

Yes. Hippies.

*sigh* I will say no more, lest I incure brain trauma.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

a true hippie will run at the sight of work. maybe you should've pulled out a shovel...

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home