Friday, July 07, 2006

I heart classical music

Im completely out of music to listen to. Ive downloaded every song I can think of that Im not already sick of (its getting harder, I declare) and Ive now reverted back to classical music. It brings me back to the days of yore with my band director, the immortal Mr. Dillon, screaming from the top of the auditorium in marching practice to hold our heads up, play louder, blend better...we rocked big time.

Anyhoo, I download Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. The intro harmony is absolutely fantastic. I could spend an eternity in the french horn counter melody. Its beyond description. Then the song moves on to utter blandness in comparison to that 3 seconds of french horn counter melody. Ive gotten to the point when I live for the tiniest chord progression in a song, then change it afterwards because the rest of the song pales in comparison. Go figger.

GAR Im so bored. Is anyone else up at 3 in the morning?

4 Comments:

Blogger rambouillet said...

Yeah, i'm up in my head at 3 am. I've been having the most terribly weird dreams.

And now my gut is killing me.

SPEAKING OF GUTS... out bathroom STINKS!!!!!! I'll have my revenge yet!!! BWWWAAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Hi... per your comment on my old blog I am now at http://alisasramblings.wordpress.com

5:02 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

i heart classical music too... and i've been up alot at 3 a.m. lately... must be genetic

2:36 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

hey is Lynard Skynard considered classical music?

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home